All courses that the student registers as an audit or pass and fail courses and in-complete courses as well are calculated as follows;
GPA and Points Average Evaluation:
The GPA And Course points for Student are calculated as follows :
If the student has a failing grade (F) in one of the courses, (she or he) has to re-register the study and Exam of that course again. The maximum GPA for those courses calculated as (B+), As well as all student obtained estimates have to be mentioned within the academic report.
All courses points that the student has obtained are calculated in standard units called credit hours multiplied by the points which the student has obtained according to Courses Estimates table.
Terms of Admission, Transfer, study & Exam:
- Grade Point Average (GPA): It is the sum of points that the student gets each semester divided on the total hours that the student passes each semester.
GPA= (the sum of All points that student gets × His credit hours)/ Total hours that student passes in the semester
- Cumulative GPA (CGPA): It is the sum of all courses scores that the student gets within all semesters divided on the total hours that the student passes within all semester.
CGPA= (the sum of All courses scores that student gets × The courses credit hours)/ Total hours that student passes within all semesters
- Transferred students should present detailed course specification with the university seal for every passed syllabus.
Completion of Qualifying Courses:
When the student enrolls in new courses that take into consideration the requirements of the courses according to the schedules and the study rules distributed to the students at the beginning of registration, a student may not study his course and its perquisite in the same semester unless his graduation depends on it.
Honors and Excellence Degrees:
- A grade of honor is awarded to a student whose cumulative average is not less than 3.3 with the achievement of such a minimum rate during the whole semester of the credit hours programs or when enrolled in the programs of the two semesters after a work offset and stipulate granting the rank of honor that the student hasn’t received F in any course during the course of the faculty.
- The enrollment of any of the 30 students in the Egyptian general secondary school (mathematics) in the faculty exempts from the 75% tuition fees during the next semester to join, this exemption is valid as long as the student has a cumulative average of 3.60 or more.
- Outstanding students are encouraged by reducing tuition fees in increments with the cumulative average according to the system established by the college council, at the beginning of each semester, the list of outstanding students and the percentage of expenses per student shall be announced.